After receiving an email entitled “Welcome To Alpha Theory! Your login information is enclosed.” from firstname.lastname@example.org, you will be able to sign in and use the Alpha Theory platform. The password enclosed the email is only temporary and will need to be changed after you sign-in.
- Sign into Alpha Theory by entering the Email and Password you were sent in the Welcome email, see a link to our website here: Alpha Theory Portfolio Management Platform
To set up your Alpha Theory account you will need to:
- Enter and Confirm a new Password
- Create a Password Recover Question and Answer
- Opt-in or out for Two Factor Authentication
A. New Password:
- The “Current Password” is the temporary password sent to you in the Welcome email. When creating a new password, keep in mind your password is required to have at least 10 characters and have at least 1 number, 1 lower case character, 1 upper case character, and one special character.
- *Note*: You may have to make multiple attempts at creating a password; our system will alert you if the password your entered is easily guessable.
B. Password Recovery Question and Answer:
- Your Password Recovery Question and Answer is a completely open-ended question that only you can answer. Try asking a question with an answer that is specific to you, so it is not easily guessable by others.
- For example, you could use “What was the name of your first pet?” as your question, and then type the answer twice in the proceeding Recovery Answer fields. Be mindful that your Security Answer is CASE SENSITIVE and will require the exact case sensitive response to sign in if you forget your password.
C. Enable or Disable Two Factor Authentication
- Once you have confirmed your password and created a security question and answer, you can decide whether to enable Two Factor Authentication by clicking on the checkbox.
- Two Factor Authentication will be used whenever you log-in OR change your password or account information in the future once enabled.
- To save your response, click “Save” (“Save with Two Factor Authentication” if Two Factor Authentication is enabled).
To set up Two-Factor Authentication:
Follow the steps provided to set up two-factor authentication.
- Google Authenticator is the app used for two-factor authentication. Google Authenticator is available on Google Play (on Android) or from the App Store (on Apple iOS)
- Open the Google Authenticator app
- Choose the option to "Scan Barcode"
- Point the camera at the QR Code below
- Enter the code seen in the Google Authenticator in the Alpha Theory application and click “Verify”
- Note: If scanning the barcode does not work, there is a “Manual Entry” option that can be chosen. Enter the 16-digit code below the barcode into the Google Authenticator app, and then follow step 5 above
- Once two factor authentication is verified Alpha Theory will confirm the change of your settings.
- After verifying your authenticator app is synced with your smart phone, the following popup should appear whether Two Factor Authentication is enabled or disabled, see screenshot below.
- Click “OK” and you will be taken to the Alpha Theory application home page.
- Click the "Begin Using Alpha button to begin using Alpha Theory.
If you still have issues logging into Alpha Theory for the first time, please email our support desk at: email@example.com.