Attached on this page is a sample Excel Connect template that can be adjusted as needed and plug right into research models. In order to adjust this sample template into something that can be used in individual research models, make sure to keep in mind the following:
Fund Name and Ticker
- In Cell B3: Enter the name of the fund as it appears in Alpha Theory
- In Cell B4: Input the Unique Alpha Theory Ticker
- The Unique Alpha Theory Ticker can be found in the application (see below)
- In Cells F9, G9, and H9: The scenario names in these cells must accurately reflect the scenario names from the application (if applicable). The =SCENARIO_GET function uses the unique names in order to pull in the appropriate data.
- In Cells B9, C9, and D9: The scenario names in these cells can reflect whatever title the user would like (ex: Upside, Base, Downside) and upload the new scenario names to the application. The =SCENARIO_ENTRY function uploads the new scenario names to the application replacing the old scenario names.
- If the titles in the uploaded scenarios differ from the current names in the =SCENARIO_GET functions (Cells: F9, G9, H9), the user will have to update the current names to match, in order to pull in the appropriate data.
- In Cells A23-A29: Fill-in the checklist items exactly how they appear in the Alpha Theory application.
- To update the drop-down choices in column B for the Checklist in cells B24-B29:
- Scroll to the right of the worksheet
- Expand the grouped columns
- Adjust the values in in the range Y25 through AD27
- In Cells A32-A36: Fill-in the tag items exactly how they appear in the Alpha Theory application.
- To update the tags in column B, go to “Set To” in cells B24-B29:
- Here tag titles can be assigned and uploaded into the Alpha Theory application from Excel connect
- For more information on tag assignment and management click on the link
If you have any questions or would like assistance in adjusting this template, please contact email@example.com or you Alpha Theory Account Manager.